The magazine was launched in August 2012 and has been a huge success with pinball fans around the world; Issue 2 is shaping up to be even better. New issues of Pinball Magazine are published two or three times per year, and instead of offering a subscription, each magazine is sold separately.
Pinball Magazine No.1 focussed on pinball industry veteran Roger Sharpe. Roger’s achievements include:
- Helping legalizing pinball in New York City in 1976
- Authoring the celebrated book Pinball!
- Designing a number of pinball machines
- Introduced licensing to Williams, resulting in games such as Indiana Jones, The Addams Family, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Scared Stiff and many, many more
The first Issue of Pinball Magazine also features articles on:
- The International Flipper Pinball Association, currently run by Roger Shape’s sons Josh and Zach Sharpe
- Robin and Martijn van Mourik, the people behind Pinside.com – pinball’s largest online community
- The Pacific Pinball Museum
- Game Plan collector Jeremy Fleitz
and much, much more!
As a fellow pinball enthusiast we invite you to take a look around Pinball Magazine’ website. You’ll find samples from Issue 1, as well as a free interview with Jersey Jack Pinball’s animation artist Jean-Paul de Win, and more. And if you want to get your hands on a copy of Pinball Magazine we’ve made it quick and easy to buy one from anywhere in the world : just head to our online store and order a copy right away. Issue 1 is still available, and Issue 2, due out in June, will features an in-depth interview with Farsight’s Bobby King on the success and future of The Pinball Arcade.
Thanks for visiting, and keep on flipping!