Pinball Magazine No. 5 is here!
Posted on August 30, 2018
Today, the printed copies of Pinball Magazine No. 5 came in I’m really happy how this issue turned out in print. The magazine can now be ordered in the Pinball Magazine webshop.
With 360 glossy full-color pages our biggest issue ever (it’s definitely more like a book…)
- Two specials: the most in-depth interview ever with living pinball legend Wayne Neyens and an article by Gordon Hasse on Wayne Neyens career in pinball. Wayne recently celebrated his 100th birthday. He started in the pinball industry in 1937 at Western and started working at Gottlieb in 1939. In 1947 he started designing his first game and since then designed 180 games in total of which 159 made it into production. Each and every one of these, as well as several prototypes, are featured in the magazine. Former colleagues and pinball collectors also comment on working with Wayne, Gottlieb’s transition from EM to solid-state games, what makes Wayne’s games so special and more.
- Scott Danesi discusses how he designed Spooky Pinball’s best-selling hit game Total Nuclear Annihilation. Besides designing the game, Scott also programmed all the rules, light shows and other code, and he produced all of the great music featured in the game.
- Essential Website: Jack Danger discusses streaming pinball on his Dead_Flip channel.
- Private Collection: Randy Peck’s incredible Nu-Pike Arcade.
- Shop: Steve Young (The Pinball Resource) discusses his business and storing the Gottlieb archive.
- (P)in Business: Doug Skor talks about Churchill Cabinets and Chicago Gaming.
- (P)in Business: Gary Stern discusses Stern Pinball’s current business model, taking more time off, and more.
- Pinball Personalities: Antoinette Johnson.
- Upgrade: Michael Pupo (Flipper Fidelity) discusses upgrading the speakers in your pinball machine.
- Museum: Terra Technica in Czech Republic.
- and much more
Order your copy in the Pinball Magazine webshop. In case you’ll be attending the Vancouver Flipout show, please note a limited supply of Pinball magazine No. 5 will be available at the show in the Nitro Pinball stand.
Upcoming USA resellers:
- Pinball Classics – Rob Anthony
- The Pinball Resource – Steve Young