Contents of Pinball Magazine No.1
Posted on July 20, 2012
- The most complete interview with Roger Sharpe ever, including:
- how he got into pinball
- the story of his testimonial which resulted in the legalization of pinball in New York City
- his books, including ‘Pinball!’
- his pinball designs, including Sharpeshooter, Global Warfare (prototype only), Barracora and more
- the story behind The Muppets Haunted House Adventure, his pinball styled redemption design from 2000
- how he re-introduced licensing to pinball and several licensing related anecdotes
- how pinball enthusiast like yourself can help to bring back pinball into street-locations
- how pinball operators can improve earnings on their pinball machines
- how to do PR for pinball and/or pinball events
- pinball leagues
- memories of Roger on working with the late Steve Kordek
- comments on the pinball industry, the Pinball 2000 project, Stern Pinball, Jersey Jack and his Wizard of Oz game
- some surprising plans and anonymous projects from the past
- and much more
- Others about Roger
- including contributions by Steve Epstein, Larry DeMar, Greg Freres, Dennis Nordman, Mark Ritchie, and others
- International Flipper Pinball Accosiation 2.0
- Josh and Zach Sharpe, sons of Roger, talk about the success the new IFPA has become
- A look on the inside of Pinside.com
- An interview with Robin and Martijn van Mourik, two Dutch brothers who’s Pinside hobby project became the largest online pinball community
- Exploring the Pacific Pinball Museum
- Founder Michael Schiess takes us on a guided tour through the rooms of the museum and talks about Pacific Pinball as well
- – and more
Number of pages: 80 (and counting)
Available: August 18, 2012
Additional notes (taken from the updated post showing the preview magazine:
- A printed version of the preview magazine will become available in a few weeks, which should be distributed at various pinball shows. If you’re organizing a pinball show and would like to distribute the preview magazine to your visitors, please contact the editor. Please indicate which show you are organizing, how many people usually attend and how many preview magazines you would need.
- Pinball Magazine No. 1 is scheduled to be launched at the UK Pinball Party, held from August 17-19.
- Prior to the launch pre-orders will be taken, but the magazine won’t be shipped until after the launch. Currently the webshop only accepts PayPal payments, including Visa and Mastercard. Other payment methods should be added prior to the launch.
- Pinball Magazine is shipped from The Netherlands – Europe. As shipping rates are still being negotiated, pre-ordering customers may receive a partial refund in case the postal costs will be discounted. In fact: the more pre-orders are taken, the more likely such a discount becomes.
- The preview magazine does not contain any advertisements. The full magazine does.