Coming soon: Pinball Magazine No. 5 + contest
Posted on August 20, 2018
Pinball Magazine No. 5 is finished and has been sent to the printer! Woohoo! Here’s a preview of the cover and content listing:
- With ??? glossy full-color pages our biggest issue ever (it’s more like a book…)
- 2 Specials: the most in-depth interview ever with living pinball legend Wayne Neyens and an article by Gordon Hasse on Wayne Neyens career in pinball. Wayne recently celebrated his 100th birthday. He started in the pinball industry in 1937 at Western and started working at Gottlieb in 1939. In 1947 he started designing his first game and since then designed 180 games in total of which 159 made it into production. Each and every one of these, as well as several prototypes, are featured in the magazine. Former colleagues and pinball collectors also comment on working with Wayne, Gottlieb’s transition from EM to solid-state games, what makes Wayne’s games so special and more.
- Scott Danesi discusses how he designed Spooky Pinball’s best-selling hit game Total Nuclear Annihilation. Besides designing the game, Scott also programmed all the rules, light shows and other code, and he produced all of the great music featured in the game.
- Essential Website: Jack Danger discusses streaming pinball on his Dead_Flip channel.
- Private Collection: Randy Peck’s incredible Nu-Pike Arcade.
- Shop: Steve Young (The Pinball Resource) discusses his business and storing the Gottlieb archive.
- (P)in Business: Doug Skor talks about Churchill Cabinets and Chicago Gaming.
- (P)in Business: Gary Stern discusses Stern Pinball’s current business model, taking more time off, and more.
- Pinball Personalities: Antoinette Johnson.
- Upgrade: Michael Pupo (Flipper Fidelity) discusses upgrading the speakers in you pinball machine.
- Museum: Terra Technica in Czech Republic.
- and much more
Guess the total number of pages (including cover) of Pinball Magazine No. 5.
A few rules:
- only one entry per person
- you’re not allowed to change your entry
- I’ll be running this contest on Pinside and Facebook picking 1 winner per medium (so 1 on Pinside and 1 on Facebook)
- if no-one guesses the correct number of pages, there may not be a winner
Hint: Pinball Magazine No. 5 will be our biggest issue so far!